Welcome 2018 and here’s wishing you a happy, blessed year! The blog has been dormant for quite a while. There’s been a bit of cooking happening, some new and some off the blog. I have been a bit busy about the holidays. Christmas is one of my most favorite times of the year. Holidays, Family, Cheer and Food. I also had a friend over for Christmas. It was 4 days well spent. Its nice to have company. I have tried different biryanis for Christmas and New Year which I hope to share in the coming days
This is a very quick easy recipe if you want a quick rice with a good curry and don’t want to go overboard with the spices and want really relaxed flavours. I served this with Chicken Korma/Kurma and loved how simple the flavours were in both the dishes yet made a excellent meal. When I say Cumin rice is easy, it really is! Just 3 ingredients – Cumin, Garlic and Rice.
Cup measure : 160 ml
Rice : Basmati , 2 cups
Jeera/Cumin : 3/4 tsp
Garlic : 2 medium Cloves, sliced
Ghee/ Clarified butter : 2 tsp
Oil : 2 -3 tsp
- Add 2 tsp oil and 2 tsp Ghee. Once the Ghee melts, add the cumin.
- Wait for the cumin/jeera to crackle. Add the Garlic, do not brown the Garlic (Very Important)
- Add water and once it boils add Rice and salt
- Pressure cook for about 5 mins on high and after a whistle 3 more minutes
- Remove off heat and wait for 5-10 mins for the pressure to settle down. Fluff and serve with your favorite curry